L- Carnitine Injections
L-Carnitine Injections for slimming might sound like a drastic measure to help lose weight. But for those who are
exercising well, eating sensibly, and still not losing weight, L-Carnitine injections are indeed extremely beneficial. Some sportsmen buy L-carnitine injections to enhance their performance and tone up their muscles.
Who Should take L-Carnitine Injections?
L-carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid structure that our liver and kidneys create to meet their daily needs.1 It can also be found in small amounts in certain foods like beef, fish, and chicken. However, some of us aren’t getting enough L-carnitine in our diets or produce too little L-Carnitine which can lead to deficiency. These groups of people include:
- Individuals with genetic disorders
- Those with medical disorders like cirrhosis and kidney disease.
- Vegetarians and vegans who restrict or avoid animal products.
- Older adults.2
Some individuals may also benefit from supplementing L-Carnitine:
- Those who are looking to lose weight.
- Those who would like to boost their exercise performance.
People with L-carnitine deficiency can pose serious medical conditions. It can lead to muscle weakness, stunted growth, an enlarged liver, and several other problems. supplement.
Symptoms of L-Carnitine deficiency can include:
- Muscle weakness
- Floppy muscle tone
- Delayed motor skills
- Low blood sugar (if the liver is affected)
- Shortness of breath (if the heart is affected)
Why are L-Carnitine Injections Important?
L-Carnitine plays a role in energy metabolism and production. The body synthesizes enough carnitine from lysine side chains to keep up with the needs of energy production in the body. L- carnitine injection act as a transporter of long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria to be oxidized and produce energy.
L-carnitine injections may also help increase mitochondrial function, which plays a key role in disease and healthy aging. 3 Your body produces it, but if it doesn’t produce enough, your health can be seriously impacted. This is one reason why you should buy L-carnitine injections online.
Other Health Benefits of L-Carnitine Injections
Here’s what you need to know about this important amino acid and what it can do for you:
1. L-Carnitine Injections play a central role in energy production.
Many athletes begin taking it as a way to enhance endurance and boost athletic performance. L-carnitine injections help to transport fat, particularly long-chain fatty acids, into the mitochondria of cells where they can be burned up and used as fuel. Research confirms that it is effective especially during intense exercise.
2. L-Carnitine Injections reduce muscle damage and improve recovery.
L-carnitine reduces oxidative damage in the body’s nitric oxide (NO). But it also enhances the activity of a key enzyme involved in your body’s NO production. The net result is higher NO blood levels, which not only enhance energy during workouts but also decrease muscle soreness and improve muscle recovery following workouts. L-carnitine also ushers toxic byproducts of energy production out of your cells, so they don’t build up. 4
3. Act as an antioxidant.
L-carnitine injections may provide protective actions against aging processes and neurodegeneration because of its ability to pass across the blood-brain barrier where it acts as a powerful antioxidant. According to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, L-carnitine isn’t just good for your body but also helped decrease physical fatigue and improve cognitive function in elderly participants over 100 years old.
4. Regulate blood sugar
L-carnitine also enhances insulin’s actions on muscle cells. What this means is that L-carnitine injections can help keep blood glucose levels low, even after a carb-rich meal, while also aiding glycogen repletion.
5. Increases testosterone level.
L-carnitine increases the number of testosterone receptors, known as androgen receptors, inside muscle cells.5 And in particular, they found that it helped boost the hormonal response to exercise. The more of these receptors you have in your cells, the more testosterone can bind to them and stimulate muscle growth and strength gains.
6. Increase fertility in men
L carnitine level in seminal plasma plays an essential role in maintaining male fertility by increasing sperm motility and sperm health by providing the protection the body needs to counteract free radical damage. 6
8. Lower mortality risk in those with ischemic myocardial infarction, or heart attack.
L-carnitine facilitates the transport of long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondrial matrix, triggering cardioprotective effects through reduced oxidative stress, inflammation, and necrosis of cardiac myocytes.7
L-Carnitine Injections vs Oral Supplements
Fortunately, L-carnitine supplements are already available to cater to your body’s needs. It is available in capsule, liquid, or injectable form.
You may wonder, is L-Carnitine injections more effective than oral L-Carnitine formulations? The answer to this question is a YES.
The oral absorption of L-carnitine by the digestive system is not as effective as we might think. To be absorbed, a drug given orally must survive encounters with low pH and numerous gastrointestinal (GI) secretions, including potentially degrading enzymes. Thus, much of the active ingredient is lost.
Administering L-Carnitine via an injection ensures that your body gets the full dose and all the associated benefits because it delivers the medication into your bloodstream for the body to use.
L-Carnitine Injections: Caution and Side Effects
- Avoid using D-carnitine and DL-carnitine. These forms might block the effects of L-carnitine and cause symptoms that resemble L-carnitine deficiency.
- People with kidney disease or seizure disorders should exercise particular caution with L-carnitine supplements or energy drinks that contain it.
- You should also avoid or limit drinking alcohol while taking L-carnitine. carnitine.
Some reported side effects include:
- Stuffy nose
- Body odor (“fishy” smell)
Some serious side effects may include:
- Tachycardia (fast heart rate)
- Hypertension (increased blood pressure)
Buy L-Carnitine Injections Online at The HCG Institute
To buy L-Carnitine Injections online at The HCG Institute is very simple. You can place the order here or call us at 877.228.2158 and speak to one of our patient care coordinators who will help you choose the right product for you.
1. Rebouche CJ. Carnitine. In: Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease, 9th Edition (edited by Shils ME, Olson JA, Shike M, Ross, AC). Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, New York, 1999, pp. 505-12.
2. Ames BN, Liu J. Delaying the mitochondrial decay of aging with acetylcarnitine. Ann NY Acad Sci 2004;1033:108-16.
3. Bernard A, Rigault C, Mazue F, Le Borgne F, Demarquoy J. L-carnitine supplementation and physical exercise restore age-associated decline in some mitochondrial functions in the rat. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2008 Oct;63(10):1027-33. doi: 10.1093/gerona/63.10.1027. PMID: 18948552.
4. Lee BJ, Lin JS, Lin YC, Lin PT. Effects of L-carnitine supplementation on oxidative stress and antioxidant enzymes activities in patients with coronary artery disease: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Nutr J. 2014;13:79. Published 2014 Aug 4. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-13-79
5. Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM. Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Jul;38(7):1288-96. doi: 10.1249/01.mss.0000227314.85728.35. Erratum in: Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861. PMID: 16826026.
6. Sheikh N, Goodarzi M, Bab Al-Havaejee H, Safari M, Amiri I, Najafi R, Hadeie J. L-carnitine level in seminal plasma of fertile and infertile men. J Res Health Sci. 2007 Jul 28;7(1):43-8. PMID: 23343870.