Methylcobalamin injections are also known as B12 Vitamins. It is found in a several types of foods such as fish, meat, dairy and shellfish. Although methylcobalamin and vitamin B12 are used interchangeably, B12 is also available as hydroxocobalamin, and Cyanocobalamin.
Methylcobalamin Injections are one of the three forms of B12. Evidence indicates that methylcobalamin injections have some metabolic and therapeutic applications not shared by the other forms of vitamin B12. Cyanocobalamin, the second form, is the most common form of B12 provided at physician offices and in over the counter supplements. Methylcobalamin is the more bio-available of the three meaning that methylcobalamin is immediately ready for the body to use once injected. Cyanocobalamin must be first broken down within the liver only to produce small amounts of methylcobalamin which the body can utilize.
Methylcobalamin injections are very effective treatment for B12 deficiencies commonly found in patients who suffer from disease or have nutritional deficits (such as ultra low calorie diets or pernicious anemia). Methylcobalamin is the only active form of B12 found within the Central Nervous System (CNS).
Our bodies naturally have a supply of methyl molecules used for a normal process called methylation. Which is important for stabilizing free radicals and detoxification to keep the body healthy, free of illness and functioning optimally. Injections of methylcobalamin restores the body’s supply and is an excellent solution for optimal health.
Benefits of Methylcobalamin Injections include:
- Reduces high levels of Homocysteine which has been linked to an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Proven helpful for depression
- Involved increasing mood elevating properties.
- Supports Immune system regulation
- Helps to reverse nerve damage and promote cell regeneration
- Increases metabolic function
- Supports healthy red blood cells and is used to treat Anemia
- Protects against neurological disease and aging
- Improvement of mental dysfunction in the elderly
- Supportive treatment in HIV and AIDS
- Useful in protocols for asthma and sulfite sensitivities