What is NAD Therapy?
You may be wondering what is NAD therapy? Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is a cofactor of niacin that is found in virtually every cell of the body. This coenzyme plays a vital role in many different systems throughout your body. NAD+, which is the active form, is a molecule that is essential for performing virtually all the redox and metabolic processes within the body.1
As a carrier of hydrogen and electrons, NAD+ helps the cells in our bodies produce energy by converting the energy we get from food into cellular energy that’s important for improving mitochondrial performance and energy. Mitochondria have been increasingly recognized as important players in the aging process. Research has shown that NAD+ has a unique ability to protect tissues, induce DNA repair, and help increase lifespan.2
When NAD levels begin to fall, less energy becomes available to your cells and free radicals increase. When this happens, your cells begin to malfunction. This malfunctioning is what we call aging. We now understand that mitochondrial health equals overall health.
What causes your NAD levels to decrease?
NAD levels in younger people are higher which is why they tend to have better physical activity, cognitive function, and potential for cell repair and regeneration. However, the natural level of NAD present in the body declines with age and our cells become less efficient due to the lack of it.3
Ways to naturally boost NAD+ in the body:
- light to moderate exercise
- eating vitamin-rich foods
- eating protein
- eating raw foods
However, certain factors can accelerate the exhaustion of your body’s systemic NAD+ pool resulting in accelerated aging and diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, vision loss, anxiety, depression, and fatty liver disease. These include the following:
- Sleep problems
- Drugs or alcohol abuse4
- Long term use of antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Too much exposure to direct sunlight
- intense exercise
- NAD+ -consuming enzymes
So even when you do get NAD+ through your diet and light physical exercise, you may need more to effectively restore the systemic NAD+ pool. This is why NAD+ injections are recommended.
NAD Therapy Injections
To receive NAD+ into your body efficiently, The HCG Institute recommends that it be administered via injection to provide you with 100% bioavailability and to effectively restore the systemic NAD+ pool. NAD+ injections deliver this powerful molecule directly into the bloodstream without passing through your digestive system. There are NAD oral supplements available; however, it is very difficult to absorb NAD+ across the gastrointestinal tract.
As the absorption rate is higher and more efficient with the NAD+ injections, it can help repair cells throughout the body including neurons in the brain by allowing your cells to produce more energy. This, in turn, improves a wide variety of changes including restoring muscle function and athletic performance, boosting mood, and slowing down the aging process.
The HCG Institute’s NAD Therapy Injections offer a variety of benefits
1. NAD Therapy Injections as an anti-aging remedy
NAD+ is a coenzyme that is associated with anti-aging therapies because NAD has the power to return your cells to the state they were in when you were young. In other words, NAD turns back your cells’ biological clock. Scientists have found that by increasing NAD levels in the body, signs of aging can be reduced and even reversed.5 NAD+ Injections have an all-around approach towards regenerating the cells and are known for energy production that is required for essential cellular processes, such as DNA repair.
They are also known to help prevent aging through the activation of sirtuin enzymes.6 Sirtuins are a group of enzymes that play key roles in aging and longevity by catalyzing the NAD+-dependent deacylation/deacetylation of several substrate proteins. These enzymes which provide various benefits to the body’s biological processes can only function in the presence of NAD+. When NAD+ levels are preserved, they can activate sirtuins to slow the aging process and in some cases even seem to be reverse it.7
If you’re actively seeking to keep your skin healthy and slow the aging process, The HCG Institute near you can help you look and feel like your most youthful self.
2. NAD+ Injection Therapy promotes normal circadian rhythm for sleep
NAD+ is a powerful regulator of circadian rhythms and sleep-wake cycles. It influences the suprachiasmatic nucleus, a region in the brain that keeps your biological clock on track and in sync.8 Age-related decline in NAD may be one reason that circadian rhythms change markedly, and in many cases, they become increasingly fragmented. That is why difficulty falling and staying asleep are common in older people.
If you are looking for something to help you restore your circadian rhythm, NAD Injections from The HCG Institute online near you can help reset your sleep clock and minimize restless nights.
3. Other benefits of NAD Therapy Injections
- Maintain muscle tone and function
- Encourage healthy cell growth and counteract tissue damage after athletic performance
- Assist with brain functions improving focus, mood, and energy
- DNA repair
- Repair signals between molecules for cellular communication.
- Regenerate the neuronal cells affected by Alzheimer’s disease9
- Increase energy and treatment for chronic fatigue
- Boosts Metabolism and helps to lose weight by mobilizing body fat, improving insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance.
- Improve eyesight and hearing
- Decrease pain and withdrawal symptoms
- And a lot more!
Buy NAD Injections Online Near You For At Home Treatments!
If you want to remain youthful and healthy as you age, At The HCG Institute, we offer the active and the purest form of NAD+ to replenish your body’s NAD+ pool.
Beware of other products marketing themselves as NAD. NAD+, NADH, and NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) are not the same. Although NAD+ plays a role in the same pathway as NADH and NR, there are certain NAD+ consuming reactions where only NAD+ can be utilized. It’s worth making sure you’re investing in the most effective way to increase NAD.
Contact our experienced staff today to enjoy the wonderful benefits of NAD+ Injection Therapy.
1. Cantó C, Menzies KJ, Auwerx J. NAD(+) Metabolism and the Control of Energy Homeostasis: A Balancing Act between Mitochondria and the Nucleus. Cell Metab. 2015 Jul 7;22(1):31-53. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2015.05.023. Epub 2015 Jun 25. Review. PubMed PMID: 26118927; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4487780.
2. Rajman L, Chwalek K, Sinclair DA. Therapeutic Potential of NAD-Boosting Molecules: The In Vivo Evidence. Cell Metab. 2018;27(3):529–547. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2018.02.011
5. Chini CCS, Tarragó MG, Chini EN. NAD and the aging process: Role in life, death and everything in between. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;455:62–74. doi:10.1016/j.mce.2016.11.003
6. Cantó C, Auwerx J. Targeting sirtuin 1 to improve metabolism: all you need is NAD(+)?. Pharmacol Rev. 2012;64(1):166–187. doi:10.1124/pr.110.003905
8. Nakahata Y, Bessho Y. The Circadian NAD+ Metabolism: Impact on Chromatin Remodeling and Aging. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:3208429. doi:10.1155/2016/3208429
9. Ayoub IA, Lee EJ, Ogilvy CS, Beal MF, Maynard KI. Nicotinamide reduces infarction up to two hours after the onset of permanent focal cerebral ischemia in Wistar rats. Neurosci Lett. 1999;259:21–24.