It is no secret that weight loss can be achieved by following a good diet and an active lifestyle, but certain factors can speed up weight loss too! Many vitamins and nutrients can help in accelerating the weight loss process. One of them is Vitamin B, also known as Riboflavin. In this post, we will cover everything you need to know regarding how vitamin B2 Riboflavin injections can help you lose weight.
What is Vitamin B2?
Vitamin B2 is a water-soluble vitamin, so it dissolves in water. Water-soluble vitamins are carried through the bloodstream, and whatever is not needed passes out of the body in urine. 1
Vitamin B2 is also known as Riboflavin. The term ‘flavin’ originates from the Latin word ‘flavus’ which refers to the yellow color of this vitamin. An excess of dietary Riboflavin, usually from supplements, can cause urine to become bright yellow. 2
Vitamin B2 is a vital component of coenzymes flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) and flavin mononucleotide (FMN). It is involved with cell growth, energy production, breakdown of fats, and activate vitamin B6 and folic acid.
Sources of Vitamin B2
Vitamin B2 is synthesized by the intestinal flora. It is also naturally present in some foods such as eggs, organ meats, lean meats, milk, and vegetable-based foods. It can also be added to certain food products such as fortified cereals, bread, and grain products.
However, some cooking methods especially boiling, simmering, poaching can reduce vitamin B2 content. Therefore it is necessary to select the right cooking method to maximize the nutritional quality of your meal. UV light can also destroy Riboflavin B2, so ideally, these foods should be kept out of direct sunlight.
The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of Vitamin B2 Riboflavin for adults is 1.3 mg per day for males, 1.1 mg per day for women, 1.4 mg per day for pregnant females, and 1.6 mg per day for lactating women. 3
Vitamin B2 Riboflavin Deficiency
Riboflavin assists many enzymes with various daily functions throughout the body. Though most healthy people are not deficient in vitamin B2, those on a diet or who have endocrine abnormalities may need to add a supplement, just like the Vitamin B2 Riboflavin injections.
Furthermore, people also need to consume vitamin B2 every day because the body can only store small amounts, and supplies go down rapidly. Therefore it is vital to gain a sufficient amount of vitamin B2.
How Vitamin B2 Riboflavin Injections can help you lose weight?
- Vitamin B2 Riboflavin injection enables coenzymes FAD and FMN to perform their energy-producing role in our body, i.e carrying, transforming, and transferring electrons throughout the body. 4
- Vitamin B2 Riboflavin injection plays a vital role in maintaining the body’s energy supply. This, in turn, helps improve the circulatory system to prevent you from getting fatigued or exhausted during exercise.
- The body uses vitamin B2 to metabolize fats, protein, and carbohydrates into glucose for energy. Without an adequate amount of riboflavin, macronutrients like carbohydrates, fats, and proteins cannot be digested and maintain the body’s processes. 5
- Vitamin B2 Riboflavin is an important coenzyme in energy metabolism. A person with a good metabolism tends to burn calories faster and more efficiently and such a person would hardly put on weight and in fact, lose weight quickly too.
- It also helps in the absorption of other B proteins.
- Vitamin B2 can also act as an antioxidant under some conditions.
- Vitamin B2 Riboflavin injection activates B6 and folic acid which are significant to protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism and the creation of red blood cells and neurotransmitters. 6
What happens if I take too much Vitamin B2 Riboflavin?
There’s not enough evidence to know what the effects might be of taking high doses of riboflavin supplements each day. Even riboflavin toxicity is rare. You’d have to eat almost impossibly large quantities of food to overdose on riboflavin naturally. You could get too much vitamin B-2 through supplements in oral or injection form, but this is also rare because your body doesn’t store the vitamin. Most riboflavin is used immediately and not stored in the body, so excess amounts are excreted in the urine. 7
Supplement your body with Vitamin B2 Injections
Riboflavin is frequently used in combination with other B vitamins in vitamin B complex products. Vitamin B2 Riboflavin can be found in the following lipotropic injections:
(Methionine 12.4mg, Inositol 25mg, Choline 25mg, Hydroxocobalamin (B12) 1mg , L-Carnitine 125mg, Thiamine (B1) 50mg, Riboflavin (B2) 5mg, Pyridoxine (B6) 2mg)
(Methionine 12.5mg, Inositol 25mg, Choline 25mg, B1 50mg, Riboflavin (B2) 5mg, B3 50mg, B5 5mg, B6(P5MP) 1.25mg, Methylcobalamin 1mg, L-Carnitine 100mg, Arginine 12.5mg, Chromium 1mcg, Vitamin C 50mg and Lidocaine 15mg)
Buy Vitamin B2 Riboflavin Injections Online
Save your time and money by buying B2 Riboflavin Injections online through a telemedicine provider like The HCG Institute. Our Vitamin B2 injections and other injectables are prescribed by our licensed physicians and compounded from 503B compounding pharmacies that are certified and licensed in states nationwide. Please ask any questions that you may have about this medicine or performing injections by contacting us at 877.228.2158 or email us.
4. Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review. Nutrients. 2016;8(2):68. Published 2016 Jan 27. doi:10.3390/nu8020068
6. Sinigaglia-Coimbra R., Lopes A.C., Coimbra C.G. Handbook of Behavior, Food and Nutrition. Springer; Berlin, Germany: 2011. Riboflavin deficiency, brain function, and health; pp. 2427–2449. [Google Scholar]